Our workshops have been designed to help you increase your financial management knowledge, including how to better balance bills and outgoings, protecting yourself against scams, as well as watch-outs when participating in a bit of online shopping!
Our team has prepared a series of short, sharp workshops for you to watch and take note of some very handy tips and tricks!
Budgeting - your new superpower
Take control of your money & learn the basics of budgeting. This workshop focuses on easy and practical steps to empower you to build your own budget.
Online shopping - traps and pitfalls
Wondering how to better protect yourself when online shopping? Learn about the traps, pitfalls and how to spot scammers! This workshop focuses on easy and practical steps to empower women on low incomes to shop online safely and understand:
- Scams and how to avoid them
- What to do if you are scammed
- How to recognise a trusted site
- How to reduce impulse buying
- Buy Now Pay Later (eg Afterpay) – pros and cons
Making friends with bills
Bills! We all have them. Do you have control of your bills or do they control you? This workshop focuses on easy and practical steps to empower you to take control of your bills.
Smart money, safe credit
Is there such thing as fair credit for Australians? Yes, NILs!
Learn more about how safe, affordable community credit works, including:
- Who is eligible and what you need to apply for NILs?
- What you can use the loan for? What can’t it be used for?
- How does it work?
- Snapshot of 40 years of NILs success
- Where do I go to apply?