Volunteering with Good Shepherd
The vision of Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a world where all women, girls and families are safe, well, strong and connected.
Our financial and wellbeing programs address the social issues that affect the disadvantaged and vulnerable in our community.
Join us in making an impact in your community by volunteering with Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand.
Building Blocks Play Group
Building Blocks is a supported playgroup for young or first time parents (15-25 years) to connect, make new friends, have fun and learn about parenting in a relaxed place.
Building Blocks gives you:
- a weekly social and support group run by qualified workers
- fun excursions for you and your children
- the opportunity for personal and family counselling if needed
- parenting information sessions
Delivered in partnership with The Smith Family.
Volunteer needed to assist in the delivery of the Building blocks play group. Location is currently unknown, but will be within the Brimbank local area.
Times required: Weekly on Tuesdays from 9.30 to 1.30 – Group runs from 10.30 to 12.30 but need time to set up and clean/pack up (note BB playgroup doesn’t run during school holidays)
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to)
- Morning tea prep (Cut up fruit and put on to platters, bread and dip, plates, cups etc)
- Room set up and pack up (eg move tables and chairs, set out and pack up art supplies and toys)
- Help parents and children with activities
- Facilitator will check in with volunteer and see if any debriefing is needed after each session.
- Some understanding on child development would be helpful
- Needing someone able to physically lift and move furniture, get up and down to support childrens needs etc. (facilitator notes that it can be quite a physical job)
- Needing someone to be non judgemental and understanding of pressures on young parents etc.
Please apply as soon as possible by submitting a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com, applications are considered as they are received.
By becoming a volunteer you can:
Give back and make a difference within your community
Develop and enhance your skills
Experience new opportunities
Discover employment pathways
Develop connections and friendships
Develop connections and friendships
No Interest Loans Scheme (NILs) Volunteer
We are looking for NILs Volunteers at various locations across South Australia to work with our network of organisations who offer the No Interest Loans Scheme (NILs).
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes access to safe, fair and affordable credit, as an alternative to pay-day lenders and rent to buy schemes. Maximum loan amounts vary but can be as little as $300 or as much as $1500, for essential goods and services. The product has no fees, no charges and no interest.
- Ability to establish rapport with clients from diverse backgrounds, some with complex needs and provide efficient and high quality service. Experience in any of the following areas would be helpful; retail, hospitality, sales, banking, education or other customer service environment.
- Strong numeric capability.
- Excellent spoken and written English; multilingual is desirable.
- Experience in administrative and office management processes such as appointment management, record keeping and filing.
- Competent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of customer databases, with an ability to pay attention to detail.
- The capacity and commitment to work in alignment with the values of Good Shepherd and understand the issue of financial exclusion in Australia.
- Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required (no cost to the volunteer)
- Time commitment; Minimum half a day per week (during business hours Monday to Friday) for at least 6 months
Training and support provided
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand.
The NILs Volunteer Position Description can be found: https://content.betterimpact.com/files/agency/30099/NILSVol%20PD.pdf
For any further information about the NILs Volunteer position please email firstname.lastname@example.org