Supporting victim-survivors of financial abuse and FDV to move forward with managing their finances
The Financial Independence Hub (FIH) is free and confidential.
- It’s available to the client you are referring, regardless of who they bank with.
- The client does not need to provide evidence or tell their story to access the service.
- FIH is a co-designed, trauma-informed service.
The Financial Independence Hub (FIH) supports individuals of all gender identities who:
What happens after you make a referral?
Once the referral is received an FIH Hub Coordinator will attempt to make contact with the client to:
- Welcome them into FIH
- Explore how FIH can partner with them in their recovery
- If needed, provide a warm referral to our financial coaching and/or financial counselling teams.
For referrers only
Consent scripts below
Please either read this to your client, or have them read it and then record their consent and date that consent was obtained:
Your privacy is important to us.
Good Shepherd needs to collect some information about you so we can understand your needs and give options to help you.
When you choose to use a service, we will ask for your consent to collect and use the personal information we need to be able to give you that service.
You can choose not to consent. You can also choose to withdraw your consent at any time. If you choose not to consent, it may affect our ability to give you the service.
We will not share your information with third parties without your consent, unless it is:
- required by law, or
- for quality or compliance purposes.
We will store your information securely. Your information will only be viewed by people who need it for their job. This may include sharing information across Good Shepherd programs.
You can contact us to:
- look at the information we hold about you, and
- correct the information if you need to.
You can find our contact details on our website at www.goodshep.org.au
- Do you understand this information about your privacy and your rights and responsibilities as a client? Yes/No
- Do you consent for us to collect and use your information on these terms? Yes/No
If your client consents to having information shared back with your agency please either read this to your client, or have them read it and then record their consent and date that consent was obtained:
In order to be able to provide you with the best possible assistance, it may be helpful for us to exchange information about you with the agency that is completing this referral form. Do you authorise Good Shepherd to provide information about you to this agency, electronically, verbally or in hard copy as required and authorise them to provide information about you to us in retur