Did you know your household could be eligible for $250 towards your power bill?
You could be eligible for the State Government’s Power Saving Bonus, a one-off payment to help eligible Victorians experiencing energy bill stress.
What is the $250 Power Saving Bonus?
The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off payment which provides direct support to Victorian households experiencing power bill stress during the coronavirus pandemic. It is available to over 900,000 eligible Victorian households with at least one eligible concession cardholder. Good Shepherd are here to help you apply!
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the power saving bonus, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a Victorian residential energy consumer
- Be receiving payments under one of the following concession programs:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
Holders of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth Allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.
What do I need for the application process?
Before you call Good Shepherd on 1300 026 500 there are a few things you need to have available to complete your application:
- Your recent household electricity bill from your retailer
- Your ‘NMI number (located on your bill typically a 10 or 11 digit number)
- Your Pensioner Concession Card number
- Your Health Care Card number (for JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy recipients
- Your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN)
Be sure to keep a copy of your Power Saving Bonus application reference number as you may need this information for further communication regarding your application.