About our Family and Domestic Violence No Interest Loans
Are you a woman who has experienced or are experiencing family or domestic violence? Good Shepherd offers flexible, No Interest Loans of up to $2,000 that are designed to help you be safe at home, move to safety, or rebuild your life up to 10 years after.
Our loans are government funded, with no fees, charges or interest to pay. You pay back only what you borrow, with fortnightly or monthly repayments, over 24 months, via direct debit or Centrepay.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you are:
What can I use this loan for?
- Bond and rent (licensed real estate agent only, not private landlord)
- Legal costs
- Security items
- Removalist and transport costs
- Car registration and repairs
- Furniture and whitegoods
- Utilities e.g. electricity, gas, water, phone, internet
- Technology e.g. laptop, phone
- Medical and dental
- Education and training costs
- Employment tools/equipment
- Pet costs
We do NOT offer loans for cash, debt consolidation or car purchases.
Payment is made directly by Good Shepherd to your nominated retailer/supplier (must have an ABN).
MoneySmart Budget Planner
Used in our workshops, this can help you set a budget
Reduce power bills
These tips can help reduce your power bills
Disaster proof your finances
Be financially prepared if a disaster strikes
We are well.
We are strong.
We are connected.