Our family violence services
- provide individualised support to meet your safety needs in our case management program
- connect you to legal services, financial assistance, counsellors, support groups and housing services
- assist you in the healing and recovery process
- support you in developing long term resilience
Our Bayside Peninsula program partner's with Orange Door and Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre.
It supports women and children experiencing and recovering from family violence. The program offers:
- casework for individuals
- legal support
- safety plans
- access to housing
- support groups
What does the assessment process involve?
Most family violence programs require clients to undergo an assessment to help determine the best, most appropriate options for your circumstances. This will involve:
- talking to a specialist family violence worker about your individual circumstances
- assessing the level of risk
- safety planning
- information and options for support
- phone, face to face or online appointments
If you need assistance with the following issues, a referral will be required:
- you are experiencing/recently experienced/are fleeing from Family Violence
- you need increased support with the care of your children due to family violence
- a family member or partner is hurting you, controlling you or making you feel fearful and you would like some support to manage any risks.
After Hours Support
Children and Family Violence
Improving responses to children who experience family violence.
Inquiry into Family and Domestic Violence
Good Shepherd’s submission to the recent Federal Government Inquiry into Family, Domestic and Sexual Violence
Good Shepherd and the Mental Health Alliance