Our Rainbow Tick journey
We are committed to providing a safe place for LGBTIQ people because everyone has the right to feel safe, welcome and valued.
As part of our commitment, Good Shepherd is in the process of gaining Rainbow Tick accreditation.
The Rainbow Tick is awarded to organisations that demonstrate inclusive practice and service delivery for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people.
Here are some of the things we are doing:
- Providing LGBTIQ awareness and empathy training to our teams
- Increasing the number of LGBTIQ allies and champions on the ground to support our teams and people who use our services
- Monitoring our teams' knowledge and confidence in working with LGBTIQ people so we can keep improving our services
- Allocating a number of all-gender bathrooms across our sites
- Placing clear messages in all of our workplaces that we are safe and inclusive
And we have pledged our support for LGBTIQ people and their communities as part of the Family Safety Victoria faith-based family violence service provider network.
We will continue to
- Work with LGBTIQ specialist organisations such as Rainbow Health Victoria, ACON, Zoe Belle Gender Collective, Minus18 and the Diversity Council of Australia
- Work to change structures and systems that disadvantage and discriminate against LGBTIQ people
- Remove barriers to LGBTIQ people accessing our services
- Understand the needs of individuals
so that you know you are safe and welcome at Good Shepherd.
Your feedback is important
If you have feedback about how we are tracking, or wish to speak with one of our team members, please call 03 9270 9700 or email us at email@example.com