Youth services are offered in the Brimbank / Melton and surrounding areas as well as the City of Yarra. Theclients include general support, engagement programs and homelessness services.
Funding is through the Department of Health and Human Services (Victoria).
The Youth Homelessness Case Manager provides holistic case management, outreach and housing support and information to young people aged 15-25.
Young people are referred from crisis homelessness services and present as homeless or at risk of homelessness and may have complex issues and require intensive support, including support to young parents and their children.
Other functions include liaising with homelessness access points and networks and working collaboratively with other agencies to provide a holistic case management framework that is client-centered and tailored to the needs of the individual/family.
The staff member is required to work and build networks across both the areas of Brimbank. Melton and the City of Yarra locations and maintain a case load of up to approximately 15 young people who are predominantly located within the city of Brimbank.
In your email application please state which position type you are applying for.
- Engage and work with young people aged between 16 and 24 experiencing homelessness or at
risk of homelessness.
- Advocacy and liaison with relevant housing access points and specialist services in the West and
- Provision of Case management and Interim Response through a client centered lens.
- Enhance the wellbeing of young people and their families.
- Collaborative work with existing and new networks within the West and North regions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in youth work/social work or related qualification.
- Experience in the delivery of support services to clients experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
- Experience of working with young people and ability to engage people actively and assertively with complex needs.
- Understanding of the homelessness service system with knowledge of patterns, trends and systemic issues that impact on young people.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other services towards effective client centred solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity to work flexibly and to be able to manage competing demands.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written and problem solving skills.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.