- Join a growing NFP organisation empowering the lives of women, children & Families
- Part time (0.4 FTE), fixed term contract until June 2022
- Based in Salisbury SA & work from home
- $74,179 pro rata + super, salary packaging, gifted leave & 2% pay rise in Dec
In our work to increase economic participation and wellbeing, Good Shepherd works with a diverse range of community organisations across Australia to increase the reach and impact of its No Interest Loans (NILS) and associated microfinance and microenterprise programs. The NILS program provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit, up to $1,500 for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures. In South Australia and Northern Territory, we currently partner with 24 community organisations (who work directly with NILS clients), in over 50 sites. The predominant mode of delivery of NILS in this network is face-to-face service, undertaken by a combination of paid and volunteer partner workers.
This role sits within the Financial Inclusion and Access portfolio and reports to the State Manager SA/NT. The Volunteer Coordinator will actively engage with the network to identify volunteer NILS worker needs, within the network and address these capacity gaps by conducting volunteer recruitment, screening, training, placement and engagement activities. This capacity building will support the network to increase target client engagement with microfinance programs with the overarching aim to achieve state and national strategic plan priorities.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Activate the activities associated with the volunteer recruitment program: recruitment, screening, interviewing, reference checking, police and working with children checks, training, placement, engagement and retention
- Maintain a database and associated client management profile for volunteers, network partners and key contacts
- Support partners to operate with a best practice lens by ensuring they are equipped to engage and support volunteer NILS workers
- Provide acquired knowledge in the continuous improvement of policies, processes, volunteer position descriptions and associated volunteer coordination documentation, in line with National Standards
- Attend sector activities to promote and value add to the volunteer coordination role
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Minimum 3 years coordinator level experience with volunteers
- Demonstrated knowledge of volunteer recruitment, engagement and retention programs to meet existing and emerging needs
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively and sensitively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to connect with a diverse range of people and build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of MS Office programs; ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets and data bases accurately; and experience using web-based software to manage client and other information
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check, (International Police Check if resided overseas for 12 months or longer in last 10 years) and obtain a SA Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencing
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Project Lead – Financial Capability (VIC or NSW based – hybrid WFH & attend office) Full Time or Part TimeHybrid of WFH and attending sites in either Sydney or Melbourne
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.