The Team Leader – Family Services leads family support practitioners within an integrated team of professionals whose focus includes integrated family services, family violence specialist case management and group programs. The position is based at our Sunshine office and participates in the Brimbank Melton Child and Family Services Alliance. The Team Leader brings experience and an understanding of practice supervision, people leadership, quality and service improvement to facilitate and ensure the delivery of effective, high quality services and outcomes to clients.
This role will see the Team Leader’s experience and understanding of people leadership, quality, innovation and service improvement employed to ensure the delivery of evidence informed services with measurable client outcomes. The Team Leader is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations, supervision and reporting in line with service agreements and organizational expectation and will assist to develop and lead a highly competent, engaged and professional team.
- Manage the Family Services team in Sushine to deliver against agreed goals, strategies and operational outcomes consistent with Good Shepherd’s mission, service strategic plan and relevant partner and funding agreements
- Provide high quality leadership and coordination to the Family Services team through the promotion of open communication, teamwork and delegation
- Support Manager with effective recruitment and selection processes for new employees, including induction, probationary reviews and continued performance management
- Provide appropriate and effective supervision, and learning and development opportunities that enable employees to further develop their skills
- Ensure oversight of service delivery and achievement of service delivery targets in line with funding and partner agreements
- Ensure quality outcomes for clients, measured by robust outcome reporting and quality supervision
- Assist with management of service delivery contracts and partnership agreements
- Work closely with the Manager to ensure best practice services, identify growth and development opportunities for Family Services and delivery of new services
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure employees understand and implement Good Shepherd policies and procedures
- In collaboration with the Corporate Services team, manage operational risk including compliance, OH&S and quality
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective corporate, government, non-government and community-based partnerships, and stakeholder relationships that enhance service delivery
- Manage, monitor and deliver all services within agreed budget
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by the Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum degree level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or related discipline with minimum 5 years of experience in the community services sector and Post Graduate training in supervision and/or reflective practice (desirable).
- Demonstrated staff management experience including practice supervision, recruitment and managing individual key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and leadership in delivering a range of intervention strategies when working with vulnerable children, young people and families within the Child Protection, Children, Youth & Families Act and context of the Best Interests Framework model.
- Demonstrated leadership, sound understanding and experience in collaboration with a range of professionals and building on professional, trusting and enduring working relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of leading social justice principles and community capacity building, and an ability to contribute to the mission and spirit of the agency.
- Current Victorian drivers license
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.