The Waranara School is a Special Assistance Independent school located in Marrickville catering for up to 65 students from Years 9 to 12. Students enrolled at The Waranara School are commonly referred due to school refusal, as a result of mental health issues (generally depression and anxiety) and the effects of complex trauma.
Teaching responsibilities in the school include programming curriculum, maintaining all relevant student records, teaching students utilising differentiated and student centred strategies and employing approaches to enhance student wellbeing and achievement.
- Teaching PDHPE, CAFS, SLR, Aboriginal Studies
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW PDHPE curriculum
- Teaching years 9, 10 and 12
- Creating and marking assessment tasks
- Using online teaching platforms google classroom
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal qualifications in PDHPE Teaching degree and equivalent demonstrated experience
- Experience teacher of NSW PDHPE curriculum
- Student centred and differentiated teaching approach
- Highly organised with lesson plans, marking, registers and reports
- Ability to be flexible and work as part of a small team
- To demonstrate a well being trauma informed approach to students
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.