- SCHCADS Level 5
- Part time 0.5 FTE
- Working from home and Maldon
- The Specialist Family Violence Practitioner will be implementing Good Shepherd’s outreach program to women at the Tarrengower Prisonfacility who have experienced family violence.
This position involves providing women with multiple and complex needs client-centred short intervention group and case work, underpinned by trauma informed, systems and developmental frameworks, utilising the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework (MARAM),
The goal of this program is to promote safety, stability and recovery from family violence for women and their children post release, through early intervention and a coordinated care team approach.
This positions works closely with the staff on site at the Tarrengower Prison and requires compliance with all elements of working within a correctional facility.
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related tertiary discipline is essential
- Demonstrated capacity to provide group sessions and upskilling on technical skills, including how technology is used in family violence
- Experience working in the family violence sector
- Experience working with or within corrections is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience working with women presenting with complex needs and behaviours (e.g. trauma, substance abuse, mental health, parenting issues, disability) and/or from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) or indigenous backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impacts of family violence and the capacity to apply appropriate theoretical frameworks to practice
- Demonstrated success in maintaining external networks and collaborative relationships with professionals both internal and external
- Demonstrated experience in preparing written reports, maintaining records, including case notes and data base reporting
- Demonstrated success working as part of an effective and productive team, along with the ability to be self-directed
- Knowledge of strength-based, positive parenting strategies in the context of parenting after family violence
- Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development including knowledge of the Royal Commission into Family Violence Recommendations and the broader impact of the current reforms on the family violence sector
- A current Full Australian Driver’s License
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.