• Work from home
• Full time 12 month contract
• $92,259.44 + super & salary packaging
The Social Worker will form part of a broader team of skilled professionals working closely to deliver a holistic, multi-channel model of telephone & online support: economic wellbeing, family violence and family services that is person centred and linked into community support services.
Applications close at midday Monday, 14 June 2021.
The Social Worker will:
• Support team members who receive and triage calls to deliver a client-centred approach that empowers and supports service participants to share their story, assess needs and refer service participants to Good Shepherd services, partners and local community services as is appropriate to their circumstance.
• Work alongside and provide tailored information, options, support and advocacy for individuals and people with families at risk, experiencing trauma, emotional/psychological distress, disadvantage, financial crisis or longstanding financial difficulties, through a combination of information, supported referral, advocacy and casework.
• Adopt a person-centred approach by supporting service participants to identify their strengths and support their fullest participation in all goal setting, planning and decision-making.
• Provide empathy, develop trust and assist a person to feel safe; use a strengths-based approach to support a person to explore options and develop and implement strategies that empower them to achieve financial wellbeing.
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
• A degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers
• Demonstrated understanding of a trauma-informed approach and ability to work with clients with multiple vulnerabilities that are experiencing financial crisis, neglect, abuse, domestic violence, disability and mental ill health
• Demonstrated capacity to work flexibly and respectfully with a diverse range of people, including people with cultural, gendered, social and economically diverse backgrounds, who experience health concerns or disabilities, carer’s and people who have not previously accessed a community services system
• Demonstrated experience in providing reflective/practice supervision to a multidisciplinary team
• A satisfactory National Police Check
• A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
• A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.