- Join a team empowering the lives of woman who have experienced family violence currently residing in prison.
- SCHADS Level 6.1, $98,967, Pro-Rata, + Super + Salary packaging (up to $17,000 tax free) & gifted leave
- Part Time, 0.5 FTE, Max Term Contract until 30 June 2023
- Outreach to Dame Phyllis Frost Centre, Ravenhall and Tarrengower Prison, Maldon.
The Specialist Family Violence Practitioner provides outreach to women incarcerated – who have experienced or are experiencing family violence – across both Dame Phyllis Frost Centre and Tarrengower Prison.
The position provides women with multiple and complex needs, client-centred, short intervention, individual sessions to complete risk assessments and safety planning utilising the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework (MARAM).
The role also facilitates, for women incarcerated, family violence group information and psychoeducation sessions underpinned by trauma informed, systems and developmental frameworks. This position aims to promote safety, stability and recovery for women and their children post release.
This role delivers professional development sessions to employees at both Dame Phyllis Frost Centre and Tarrengower Prison to enhance the understanding of family violence through a trauma lens and providing a trauma-informed response to disclosure.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek portal.
- Provide trauma-informed family violence outreach to Dame Phyllis Frost Centre and Tarrengower Prison for individual sessions, group information sessions and staff training as required
- Provide a specialist family violence response to women who have experienced or are experiencing family violence in a custodial setting
- Undertake risk assessments and safety planning in individual sessions with women at the Dame Phyllis Frost and Tarrengower prisons
- Provide group information and education sessions to women and staff at Tarrengower and Dame Phyllis Frost prisons
- Coordinate referrals for support and liaise with services as required both pre and post release.
- Work within the MARAM framework and the FVISS/CISS information sharing scheme
- Understand the impact of family violence on women in a custodial setting and provide a trauma-informed response
- Work autonomously within a prison setting
- Review and update presentation tools for information and education sessions with women and staff using evidence-based materials
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional clinical experience and relevant qualification(s) in social work, welfare, psychology or a related discipline is essential. Experience working in the family violence sector is required
- Role is partly based at Sunshine office with outreach to both Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (Ravenhall) and Tarrengower Prison (Maldon). Capacity to go across both prisons is essential to this role.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide brief to comprehensive risk assessments and safety planning utilising the Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework (MARAM) under a brief intervention model
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating presentations/training to a group
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impacts of family violence for women, young people and families and the capacity to apply appropriate theoretical frameworks to practice
- Knowledge or willingness to develop knowledge on how family violence and criminality intersect for victim survivors.
- Demonstrated understanding of intersectionality and experience working with women presenting with complex and diverse needs
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development including knowledge of the Royal Commission into Family Violence Recommendations and the broader impact of the current reforms on the family violence sector
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.