- Impact strategy & systems change
- Full time 12 month fixed term contract
- Melbourne/Work from home
- $100,262 + super & generous salary packaging benefits available
The Analyst will work in the Research and Advisory team to deliver on a wide range of research and evaluation projects. A key objective of the position is to provide expertise in analysis of large datasets, internal services data, survey design and analysis and supporting strategic impact and systems level change.
• Lead the design and implementation of research and evaluation projects according to annual work plan
• Preparation of research reports and evaluations
• Survey design and analysis
• Analysis and reporting of data from large datasets (such as HILDA)
• Ensure research is consistent with the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
• Provide effective and efficient delivery of key projects
• Support Director Research and System Impact and GSANZ research plan
• Support the Head of Research and Advisory in meeting project deliverables to a high standard
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement, learning and feedback ensuring that learnings are integrated into programs and good practice is identified and shared
• Lead and contribute to effective cross-divisional and cross-organisational teams
• Undertake business development activities as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal tertiary qualifications in social policy, social science, economics or other relevant discipline
- Extensive experience working in research and evaluation roles within or consulting to the community sector, a peak body, government department or statutory authority, with a track record of delivering policy-relevant research.
- Strong quantitative research experience including previous experience working with large data sets including HILDA.
- Experience in survey methodology, including survey design and analysing survey data.
- Knowledge of the social and political climate in one or more GSANZ priority areas.
- High level contract and project management skills, with the proven ability to lead and contribute to effective cross-organisational teams and provide high-quality project delivery within resource and time constraints.
- Demonstrated thought leadership, with high level strategic thinking, conceptual agility and analytical skills, including the proven ability to map current trends and issues and lead new initiatives.
- High level writing and editing skills that can be applied to a range of documentation, with attention to detail.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including relationship management skills and the proven ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders with competing agendas, handle sensitive issues, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- High level communication and knowledge translation skills with the proven ability to develop content across a variety of channels for different audiences, as well as facilitation and presentation skills.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.