- SCHCADS Level 6
- Full-Time, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Orange Door, Bayside Peninsula Locations
- Join a team dedicated to innovation and change in the Family Violence sector
Working within The Bayside Peninsula Orange Door, the Senior Practitioner will play a key role in building trusted relationships between the CALD communities and The Orange Door to promote access by members of the CALD to The Orange Door services.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal.
Providing specialist practice support to practitioners by:
- Providing secondary case consultation and technical input on complex cases
- Holding a small case load of complex cases involving people from the CALD community
- Working with The Orange Door Practice Leaders, Team Leaders and Practitioners to identify and resolve clinical and practice issues as they arise, including where there are different views within The Orange Door team
- Establishing systems and procedures to guide practice and track progress
- Promoting evidence-based approaches, as well as continuous improvement in professional practice and the delivery of The Orange Door services
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related tertiary discipline is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the diverse range of referral and support options available to women and children who have experienced family violence, vulnerable families presenting with complex needs and perpetrators of family violence within the Bayside Peninsula region
- Specialist knowledge and experience working in clinical roles with members of the CALD community
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Best Interest Principles and the ability to undertake Best Interest Assessments of children
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience within Women and Children’s Family Violence Services, Integrated Family Services, Men’s Referral Services, DHHS Child Protection and/or Aboriginal Community Service Organisations
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications Requirements
The minimum mandatory qualifications requirements are in place in Victoria and have been since the 1st of July 2021 are available on https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners
Please contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions about these requirements.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.