- Part Time, Fixed Term, Until 30 June 2023 (Flexibility applies in terms of working hours/days but preference is that successful applicant works Thursday’s / Friday’s)
- Working across a spread of shifts that sit between 7am-7pm
- Hybrid Model, Working between our Abbotsford office in Melbourne & your home location.
- SCHADS Level 5 $88,796.64 plus super & salary packaging
- You will need to be available Full-Time for the first 2 weeks of employment to undertake training.
- Join the friendly team that will help navigate the government supports and other hardship services available to clients, discuss the suitability of No Interest Loans and support loan applications.
This position will complete the initial needs and risk assessments with the clients, develop agreed plans and provide short-term coordination to support clients to engage with and navigate the support system.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the SEEK
- Complete initial assessments with clients over the phone using trauma informed approach that includes exploring their individual circumstances, ensuring that the scope of the service is explained, safety is assessed, and that privacy and consent is discussed.
- Develop support and referral plans using a strengths-based approach and provide support to clients over the phone to assist them with identifying and connecting with key support services.
- Undertake research for clients, locating appropriate referrals for a variety of support needs.
- Provide short term support, connecting with clients and referral partners regularly over the phone to ensure the client is supported.
- Assist clients with all aspects of loan applications, including conducting one-on-one interviews with clients, preparing a budget with them, and checking supporting documentation.
The Telephone and Online team
The T&O team deliver community finance products and services, including No Interest Loans, directly to
Clients through a contact centre. These products and services aim to improve the wellbeing and social inclusion of people who are
disadvantaged and on low incomes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related tertiary discipline is essential
- Demonstrated capacity to provide support coordination or service navigation, including the ability to carry out comprehensive risk and needs assessments and respond appropriately
- Demonstrated understanding of a trauma-informed approach and ability to work with clients with multiple vulnerabilities and who are experiencing financial crisis, family violence, risk of homelessness, neglect, abuse, disability, or mental ill health
- Ability to contribute to a strong supportive culture in a team working remotely from each other
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 10 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
- Evidence of full Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.