The Program Support Worker works closely with the Family Violence Case Management and Therapeutic teams to support women and young people to achieve their identified goals; as well as undertaking the administrative and practical tasks associated with tenancy entry, exit and establishment.
The support worker role is critical in ensuring the delivery of individualized and tailored practical supports for women and young people in refuge and crisis accommodation. The role consists of shift work, including sleepover and day shifts and weekends.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Assist with the co-ordination and facilitation of activities that meet the needs of women and young people as identified on their case plan
· Assist with the development of life and living skills
· Provide an after hours response to the women and young people onsite as required
· Cleaning duties as required
· Prepare units for entry of new families
· Assist in maintaining security on site and respond to issues appropriately as and when required
· Participate in OHS and compliance activities
· Report property maintenance Issues
· Maintain Inventory and ordering of new stock as required
· Be comfortable with working solo, undertaking sleepover shifts and working weekends. Shifts will be:
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Diploma of Community Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of a trauma informed approach
- Demonstrated capacity to have effective, person-centred conversations with a diverse range of people
- Strong commitment to and capacity for teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to undertake practical tasks, demonstrating flexibility and ability to prioritise
- An ability to work autonomously and independently, as part of a team
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
- Availability to meet the current roster requirements
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.