The Program Manager Family & Youth Services is based at our Sunshine office and leads a multidisciplinary team of practitioners across Victoria. Services are currently located in the Bayside Peninsula Region and in the North and Western suburbs of Melbourne. This team includes integrated family services and youth homelessness. This role also works with the two Program Managers, Family Violence to support employees and stakeholder relationships.
This multidisciplinary role brings together the Program Manager’s experience and understanding of people leadership, quality and service improvement to ensure the delivery of valued services and outcomes to clients consistent with service agreements and Good Shepherd’s vision and strategy. They will oversee the operational and strategic management of a number of exciting projects, new initiatives and pilots and ensure monitoring of budgets, workforce planning and resourcing. They will also ensure timely and accurate internal and external reporting, build relationships with stakeholders, identify and respond to service delivery risks and actively participate as a member of the Management Team. The Program Manager will develop and lead a highly competent, engaged and professional team.
- Ensure GSANZ’s delivery of high quality, integrated and person-centered services to clients to achieve the outcomes agreed with funding providers, service delivery partners
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to promote the delivery of services in accordance with Quality, WHS, people development, cultural competence, and safeguarding strategies.
- Ensure all services are delivered in line with relevant service standards and program procedures.
- Ensure achievement of service delivery targets in line with funding and partner agreements.
- Provide high quality leadership through promotion of open communication, teamwork, and delegation.
- Provide and promote high quality, strengths based, and reflective supervision to direct reports.
- Provide strategic and operational expertise to system and organisational improvements.
- Ensure best practice services and the growth of Good Shepherd’s services through business development opportunities and strategic partnerships with funders and community organisations.
- Participate in external stakeholder partnerships and governance networks.
- Develop constructive and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Integrate practice Framework (Good Shepherd Way) across service delivery.
- Drive client centered practice, informed by consumer participation, outcome, and impact measurements frameworks.
- Support implementation of LGBTIQA+ and other cultural inclusion initiatives in the team as required.
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested.
Qualifications and Experience
Employment is subject to:
- Qualifications in Social Work, Health Services or related discipline, and evidence of Registration where applicable.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing staff, including practice supervision, recruitment and managing individual key performance indicators.
- Experienced in managing service contracts and capacity to negotiate with funding bodies
- Strong capacity to engage, negotiate and represent the organisation in complex partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial and non-financial resources in line with program requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of service quality requirements
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and reporting program performance to targets, program outcomes and risks.
- Capacity to develop programs in line with organisational goals
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Proof of the right to work in Australia
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.