- Unique teaching opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students with their educational and wellbeing needs
- Join a values-driven team
- Full time, Ongoing position
- Competitive remuneration will be negotiated based on experience
This position will undertake PDHPE, CAFS, SLR responsibilities including, but not limited to: programing, creating and marking assessment tasks and reporting for year levels 9 to 12.
Most importantly, you will undertake your responsibilities with a student centred and trauma informed approach.
The Waranara School is a Special Assistance Independent school located in Marrickville catering for up to 65 students from Years 9 to 12. Students enrolled at The Waranara School are commonly referred due to school refusal, as a result of mental health issues (generally depression and anxiety) and the effects of complex trauma.
Please apply as soon as possible via Seek, applications will be considered as they are received.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Teaching PDHPE, CAFS, SLR
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW PDHPE curriculum
- Teaching years 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Creating and marking assessment tasks
- Using online teaching platforms google classroom
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Formal Teaching Degree
- Experience teaching NSW PDHPE curriculum
- Current NESA approval to teach
- Student centred and differentiated teaching approach
- Demonstrated well being trauma informed approach to students
- Be highly organised with lesson plans, marking, registers and reports
- Ability to be flexible and work as part of a small team
- Current NSW Employee Working with Children Check
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or NSW Covid 19 Medical Contraindication Certificate
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory reference checks, a current Employment Working with Children Check, National Police Check (International Police Check if resided overseas in the last 10 years) and proof of the right to work in Australia.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.