Come join our microenterprise team as a Coach within our LaunchME program!
LaunchME is an extremely successful program providing pathways to self-employment, further education and a realisation of people’s dreams via an entrepreneurial path whilst also decreasing reliance on Social Security benefits as business income increases. It empowers people on low incomes to generate revenue.
You will be focused on creating economic opportunities within vulnerable communities by delivering business support and microfinance services to individuals to support the development of microenterprises, in East Gippsland and North East Victoria.
• Help identify great people to be part of this program – work with community stakeholders, Good Shepherd teams, local government, business associations and the small business support networks in the area to identify potential participants in LaunchME, and determine whether applicants are eligible and suitable to participate
• Establish great relationships – establish rapport with each participant, remaining mindful of their cultural identity and complex needs in a way that is respectful, appropriate, and professional in order to enable a great coaching experience.
• Guide participants on their journey – for each participant, establish a plan using the LaunchME checklist and roadmap for their journey through the Program, encourage participants’ successful completion of the journey, and provide a supported exit to participants at program completion, or when appropriate
• Work with participants on business ideas – support the ideation process that participants will undertake, individually or in small groups, to identify microenterprise opportunities to explore and develop
• Get a business plan down on paper – provide direct coaching assistance to participants in the formulation of their Business Plan, either one-on-one or in small groups
• Refer participants to skill building opportunities –skills development workshops for personal and business finance, and the running of a microenterprise; refer participants to appropriate service providers to address specific skills gaps
• Support participants to build a “pitch” for their business idea that they can present at appropriate occasions to grow their business
• Build a base of supporting business mentors – establish a network of business leaders and business owners who are willing and able to provide regular and industry-relevant mentoring to participants
• Create amazing partnerships – establish and maintain a high-performing network of referring partners, service-provider partners, mentor partners, industry and government partners.
• Complete compliance requirements meeting all reporting, budgeting, financial and legal requirements of the program
• Assist with LaunchME loan applications – assist LaunchME participants to prepare LaunchME Loan applications for consideration by the Loans Assessor
• Note: participants will be encouraged to engage in the coaching experience either online or in person, according to their preference and personal circumstances
Qualifications and Experience
• Passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of low-income clients through economic empowerment
• Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Coaching or related desirable
• Experience providing coaching both one-on-one and in small groups
• Experience setting up or running a small business
• A satisfactory National Police Check
• A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
• Proof of the right to work in Australia
• A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
- Full drivers licence and full comprehensive car insurance and a reliable car
- The incumbent will be required to travel to neighbouring communities, from time to time, to work with program participants and stakeholders
- In line with direction to travel for work purposes, the incumbent will be reimbursed for travel expenses
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.