LaunchME is a program focused on giving people the opportunity to develop, finance and launch their own business. It includes coaching, mentoring, business planning, building skills and networks as well as a microenterprise loan to help participants get their business up and running. Delivered in selected Victorian and South Australian locations, the program is now being extended to East Gippsland and North East Victoria.
This role will lead LaunchME marketing, including the development of assets for use by coaches that are on-brand, engage target audiences and deliver client impact. This includes leading the marketing of LaunchME in East Gippsland and North East Victoria where the 2019/20 bushfires destroyed livelihoods, and COVID-19 amplified adverse financial and health impacts for communities. The focus will be on supporting aspiring entrepreneurs from low income, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations including people living on low incomes, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, families and young people, and people experiencing family violence. In addition, the program will support established sole traders and small business owners with short term coaching and tools to get their existing business back on track. All participants will be supported to access wraparound services where needed inc family violence, mental health, gambling, financial counselling, financial capability, and housing services.
This role will develop, deliver and evaluate local area marketing campaigns that support the project team to initiate and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders inc local councils, business and community groups, ensuring eligible people access the service – including via leveraging existing relationships such as those developed through Good Shepherd’s Bushfire Recovery Victoria program delivering Pop-up Stores across Towong and East Gippsland.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop, deliver and evaluate local area LaunchME marketing and communications strategy that engages key audiences according to program deliverables – including people living on low incomes, women and families, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, and people experiencing family violence.
- Deliver tailored marketing and communications support for 3 LaunchME Coaches working within priority LGA’s in East Gippsland, Wodonga/Alpine and Towong/Indigo regions to ensure program deliverables, in collaboration with the project team.
- Review and develop Good Shepherd’s LaunchME’s exisiting marketing materials in collaboration with the Economic Wellbeing Engagement Manager and project team, to ensure they are on-brand, engage target audiences and deliver client impact.
- Collaborate with the Economic Wellbeing Engagement Manager and project teams to develop promotional opportunities including case studies for use across internal and external channels.
- Monitor engagement data and other information, disseminating and advising on issues related to the program to the Economic Wellbeing Engagement Manager and project team.
- Proactively initiate – and leverage existing – relationships with stakeholder networks including local business, councils, community and support groups, the No Interest Loan provider network, and Good Money Morwell store to drive eligible applicants to LaunchME.
- Provide strategic engagement advice, support and consultancy to the project team and organisation to expand the program and its impact.
- Strengthen communication between GSANZ and local community networks in line with strategy.
- Deliver strategic marketing, communications and engagement in line with Good Shepherd’s vision and values.
- Support an innovative and results-driven culture within the team that drives change and ensures effective collaboration within GSANZ.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.