- Part Time ~ 15 hours per week, Ongoing
- Good Shepherd Chapel, Abbotsford
- SCHADS Level 3 $68,657 (pro-rata) plus super & salary packaging
The Good Shepherd Chapel and History Centre (the Chapel) is situated in the grounds of the Abbotsford Convent complex. The Chapel includes three different heritage spaces:
- The Chapel is a consecrated catholic church where Mass is held. This space can be booked for life ceremonies and cultural events.
- The History Centre is a permanent exhibition within Chapel which provides visitors with insight into lives of the Good Shepherd Sisters, the Former Residents of Good Shepherd Institutions, and the social and political context which the Institutions existed.
- The Gallery in the crypt below the Chapel is used for exhibitions and other cultural activities.
The History Centre and Chapel assistant will regularly open and close the Chapel for morning Mass, life ceremonies, and events. This role will be a welcoming ‘first point of contact’ for visitors to the History Centre on days it is open. Visitors to the Chapel may be interested in history, holding a life ceremony or spending time in a reflective space. Former Residents of Good Shepherd Institutions and their families or community regularly visit the Chapel and an attuned sensitive response, from the History Centre and Chapel assistant to these visitors is a high priority.
To apply please review the position description which can be found on our website and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV via Seek. Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
- Welcome and respond to visitors to the Chapel History Centre on days it is open.
- Welcome and engage visitors to the Chapel and History Centre with attention to supporting any former residents and their families or community.
- Sensitively engage with any former residents of Good Shepherd Institutions and their families visiting the History Centre.
- Maintain OHS standards and presentation of these heritage spaces.
- Collaborate with Heritage teams (Archives, Former Residents Information and Records Service) and other GSANZ teams to provide information about the Chapel, Good Shepherd history and current services.
- Support the Chapel Coordinator with running of events and life ceremonies, including managing bookings, finances and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with data collection and analysis to inform service response.
- Attend internal organisational meetings and training.
- Assist with Sacristan/Mass duties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to respond empathically to sensitive situations.
- An eye for detail regarding site presentation and keeping venues safe and accessible
- Time management, scheduling, and organisation skills,
- Experience in organizing community events/activities – professional event management an advantage.
- Project, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Consistency, flexibility, and reliability
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
- Ability to obtain and provide evidence of vaccinations against COVID19.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Specialist Children’s Trauma Practitioner – Family ServicesHastings + Mornington
Senior Specialist Family Violence PractitionerMornington, VIC
Program Support OfficerMarrickville, NSW
Inclusion Projects OfficerLa Trobe St, Melbourne + WFH
Specialist Family Violence Practitioner – Family ServicesBrimbank-Melton (Sunshine & Keilor Downs)
Therapeutic Intervention Practitioner (Strength2Strength)Frankston .7FTE, Mornington .1FTE
Financial Resilience WorkerSouthport
History Centre and Chapel AssistantAbbotsford
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.