• Drive systemic change empowering the lives of women, children & families
• Unique strategic leadership opportunity
• Ongoing, full time position
• $108,778.80 + super & generous salary packaging benefits available
The Head of Social Policy will directly target the systemic change objective of Good Shepherd’s Strategic Plan. Reporting to the Director Research and System Impact, and managing a small team (currently 2 EFT), the role integrates social policy, strategy and policy advocacy within operations at Good Shepherd, providing an environment which focuses both on internally emerging priorities, and is responsive to changing external environments which may impact on women, girls and families.
|Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
The role is required to work flexibly and in an adaptive way. The Head of Social Policy will operate in an evolving internal environment – and accordingly, will regularly need to respond to and prioritise competing demands.
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences, social work, law, policy or other related disciplines and experience working in government or a not for profit organisation.
- Demonstrated high level experience in public and social policy advocacy; including experience with connecting social policy priorities with service delivery practice.
- Outstanding strategic, conceptual, analytical and creative skills demonstrated by the ability to understand and interpret complex information and present ideas effectively.
- Ability to think critically and laterally to explore creative, new and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster collaborative relationships with senior external stakeholders in different industries to implement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of successful policy and advocacy to government.
- Demonstrated people management experience including practice supervision, recruitment, employee relations, and setting and monitoring of individual key performance indicators.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment Working with Children Check, National Police check (and International Police Check if have lived overseas for 12 months in the last 10 years) and proof of the right to work in Australia.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.