As the incumbent in this role, you will build and maintain enterprise wide lasting and valuable relationships with key stakeholders across Federal, State and Local Governments. Acting as a key point of government relations contact for GSANZ, you will be well informed and keep abreast of all issues across government portfolios key to our work, providing both strategic advice and delivering required outcomes.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV via Seek.
In this role you will:
- Support the Head of Strategic Stakeholder Engagement to develop and deliver strategic approaches and actions targeted to government stakeholders for GSANZ.
- Identify, secure, strong partnerships and networks with key government contacts, including ministerial and departmental staff.
- Implement a range of strategies and proposals for impactful whole of government engagement with key ministers, ministerial advisers, shadow ministers and departmental officials across all levels of government.
- Lead the process to coordinate the development and delivery of engagement plans for several key government stakeholders, across Federal, State and Local governments, establishing key objectives, deliverables, roles and responsibilities, and maintain oversight of the delivery of these plans.
- Identify data/insights that are required to monitor the success of engagement plans and lead the development and delivery of reporting metrics.
- Act as a key source of advice to GSANZ stakeholders, including the CEO and the Extended Leadership Team, on the development and execution of successful government relations for the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience in strategic government relations with a demonstrated ability to provide high level advice on government programs and policy.
- Substantial experience in liaising and negotiating with senior leaders and advising on approaches to stakeholder engagement, external communications and building constructive, trusted, and effective relationships.
- A satisfactory Police Check, .
- A a current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) and proof of Covid-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.