- Join a values-based organization empowering the lives of women, children & families
- Permanent Part Time (0.8 FTE)
- Hybrid work, WFH & GS office at Abbotsford, VIC
- SCHADS Level 5 $90,572.57 (FTE) per annum plus super and salary packaging
Good Shepherd is committed to our work with clients – past and present – placing them at the centre. The Former Resident Information and Record Service Team (FRIRS) provides a supportive, safe, responsive, and respectful experience for those seeking access to, and an understanding of their past, through records held at Good Shepherd.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through SEEK
- To provide, within a trauma informed, therapeutic framework, support, understanding and meaningful resolution pathways for people who in the past lived in Good Shepherd Institutions (Australia and New Zealand).
- To provide information about and referrals to other support services where needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Former Resident Information and Records Service Coordinator to develop projects and program improvement
- To research, prepare and release personal information/records to past residents (or their families) from their telephone enquiry or in-person contact. At times meeting with individuals in person to discuss their past placement with Good Shepherd is more appropriate.
- To respond to requests from past residents in a timely manner.
- To provide resources and/or support to past residents regarding reunions or gatherings.
- To provide support in relation to Good Shepherd memorials – remembering, honouring and acknowledging past residents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in Counselling, Social Work, or other related health field
- Experience in trauma informed counselling
- Experience in phone assessment
- Experience in responding to people in distress
- Capacity to communicate well and develop relationships
- Capacity to work with diverse groups
- Capacity to work collaboratively
- Experience in developing new projects/community development
- Some understanding of past Institutional Care within the Catholic/Religious context an advantage
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (If lived and worked overseas in last 5 years)
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.