- Full time permanent/ FTE Ongoing
- Hybrid model of WFH and in co-location sites and at GS offices in either Marrickville (NSW) OR Melbourne ( VIC)
- SCHADS Level 5, $ 88,796.64 + super + salary packaging
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through SEEK
- Receive and respond to phone, email and face to face (where feasible) enquiries from participants and referral agencies
- Be able to recognise financial risk factors, prioritise and facilitate referrals to other services such as financial counselling
- In collaboration with the participant, make decisions about the pathway of support
- Match and allocate participants to a Financial Coach, considering the participants needs and availability with the coaches skill set and capacity
- Assist participants with applying for the Financial Independence Hub no interest loan product including the loan origination system and to share information as appropriate
- Provide ongoing support to hub participants through the provision of support tasks that facilitate the participant taking action to achieve their financial roadmap goals; including developing budgets, warm referrals, research, advocacy and system and service navigation.
- Contribute to the promotion of the FIH including delivering FIH presentations and workshops either remotely or in person.
Qualifications and Experience
· A tertiary qualification or relevant work experience in Social Work, Psychology, Community Development, Community Services, Financial Capability, Financial Counselling, Customer Service or an equivalent field
· Experience in responding to and phone, email and face to face enquiries, intake and assessment
· Experience and understanding of domestic and family violence including financial abuse – people with a personal or professional understanding of the experience of financial abuse, domestic and family violence are strongly encouraged to apply
· Experience in the application of trauma informed practice
· Experience navigating complex service systems, identifying suitable referral pathways and facilitating warm referrals that align with participant goals.
· Experience working with diverse groups and cultures and understanding intersectionality
· Experience in community services, financial capability, financial counselling or similar
· Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.