- SCHCADS Level 5
- Part Time 0.8 FTE, 3 month contract
- Melton/Brimbank location
- Provide telephone-based and face to face financial counselling, information, individual advocacy and referral for customers
- Assist customers to make informed decisions on the best course of action to resolve their financial difficulties, and/or to gain an improved ability to manage their financial affairs in the future
- Assist people from diverse backgrounds with complex needs in a way that is respectful, appropriate and professional
- Develop relationships with and utilise local networks to provide information and make customer referrals to other support services
- Work with others in the team to support best client outcomes through professional and ethical teamwork.
- Maintain accurate customer records are kept using the required customer database
- Assist the broader financial counselling team and stakeholders with financial counselling consultation via email and telephone, as relevant to clients.
- Liaise with community partners to ensure smooth rostering and scheduling of customer appointments and interpreters
- Comply with all existing policies and procedures in relation to service delivery, including Financial Counselling Australia standards.
- Actively participate in supervision processes.
- Support and enact quality processes within the organisation.
- Adhere to all workplace health and safety policies and procedures and support the maintenance of a clean and safe workplace for staff and customers
Qualifications and Experience
- Financial Counselling qualification (Diploma in Financial Counselling); or higher qualification
- Eligibility for registration with relevant state financial counselling peak body
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial and credit industries and their relevant governing legislation; and the community services system
- Demonstrated understanding of case work
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.