- Full Time / Limited term contract ~ until 30 November 2023
- Hybrid ~ Work from Home/Co-location
- SCHADS Level 5 $90,572.57 plus super & salary packaging
Financial Counsellors provide intensive support through an in-depth phone and/or face to face assessment of a person’s financial situation, goal-oriented case work, advocacy and the identification of options to address financial concerns. Financial counsellors may undertake a triage process, prioritising and referring clients to other sources of support and assistance as necessary and can provide consultation to other services.
To apply please review the position description which can be found on our website and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV via Seek. Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
- Undertake high quality intake and assessment, by phone and/or face to face, to provide initial financial counselling support, consultation and triage
- Use their sound understanding of the broader community and financial sectors to provide referral and advocacy to clients, with a focus on women experiencing family violence
- Demonstrate an ethos of team collaboration with financial counselling and financial capability peers, the legal services team and the broader service sector
- Always demonstrate behaviour consistent with GSANZ mission, policies and values, and participate in GSANZ organisational activities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working with clients who experience personal and financial vulnerabilities
- Must have obtained the Diploma of Financial Counselling.
- Have current state Financial Counsellor Association registration
- A current Driver’s License
- A satisfactory National Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
- Ability to obtain and provide evidence of vaccinations against COVID19.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Specialist Children’s Trauma Practitioner – Family ServicesHastings + Mornington
Senior Specialist Family Violence PractitionerMornington, VIC
Program Support OfficerMarrickville, NSW
Inclusion Projects OfficerLa Trobe St, Melbourne + WFH
Specialist Family Violence Practitioner – Family ServicesBrimbank-Melton (Sunshine & Keilor Downs)
Therapeutic Intervention Practitioner (Strength2Strength)Frankston .7FTE, Mornington .1FTE
Financial Resilience WorkerSouthport
History Centre and Chapel AssistantAbbotsford
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.