- Empower the lives of women, children & families
- Join a supportive & values-driven team
- Located in the vibrant Sunshine community hub
- Part Time (0.6 FTE) until June 2023
- $86,546 pro rata + super, salary packaging (up to $18,000/year tax free) & gifted leave
The Financial Counsellor will provide intensive support through an in-depth phone and/or face to face assessment of a person’s financial situation, goal-oriented case work, advocacy and the identification of options to address financial concerns.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 28 November 2021.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Undertaking high quality intake and assessment, by phone and/or face to face
- Providing initial financial counselling support, consultation and triage
- Providing navigation and referral to appropriate services, internally and externally e.g. financial capability, legal services and the broader service sector
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Diploma of Financial Counselling and current FCVic or equivalent state registration
- Experience working with clients who experience personal and financial vulnerabilities
- Financial Counselling experience in the provision of intake, telephone triage, assessment and case work
- Experience working with women who have experienced family violence, and people with CALD backgrounds is an advantage
- Demonstrated capacity to maintain timely and accurate records
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, negotiation and advocacy skills
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory reference checks, a current Employment Working with Children Check, National Police Check (International Police Check if resided overseas in the last 10 years) and proof of the right to work in Australia.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Project Lead – Financial Capability (VIC or NSW based – hybrid WFH & attend office) Full Time or Part TimeHybrid of WFH and attending sites in either Sydney or Melbourne
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.