- Full-time Ongoing
- Queensland hybrid of WFH, GS Southport or Cairns office & colocation sites
- SCHADS level 6,$ 97,026.97 + super & salary packaging benefits available
The Financial Independence Hub (FIH) is co-designed by people with lived experience of domestic and family violence (DFV). It is a national, innovative program developed by Good Shepherd in collaboration with The Commonwealth Bank of Australia. The FIH is a recovery program designed to support individuals who have experienced financial abuse as part of domestic and family violence (DFV).
The Financial Coach Senior Practitioner will assist participants to acquire the critical skills, knowledge and confidence through development of a financial roadmap that supports achievement of participants’ individual goals e.g. reducing personal debt, acquiring educational qualifications, building assets or saving for the future. When necessary, the Financial Coach Senior Practitioner will support participants to access additional, specialised support i.e. financial counsellors, financial planners, accountants or legal services.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek
- Overseeing the provision of financial coaching and training services at their service location or region, and ensuring that services support participants to acquire skills, knowledge, confidence and capability
to make progress toward their personal financial goals.
- Providing context of a participant’s needs to financial counsellors and other specialist financial service providers that may be called upon to support the implementation of a participant’s roadmap
- Attending meetings between participants and financial counsellors and other financial specialists as required
- Successfully referring participants to additional service providers as required to address non-financial needs
- Assisting participants to develop and implement their roadmap
- Assisting participants to identify and secure appropriate finance, if needed to implement their personal roadmap
- Conducting follow ups with participants as per roadmap
- Providing insights and recommendations to the Leadership team for continuous improvement of the program
- Maintaining accurate records of interactions and meetings with participants through a secure CRM
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma level qualifications or higher in Financial Capability, Financial Counselling, Business or Management, Social Work, Community Development, Community Services or an equivalent field
- Experience providing financial guidance coaching
- Experience providing case supervision highly desirable
- Experience playing a lead role within a team, either as a senior member or team leader
- Experience and understanding of the domestic and family violence landscape will be highly regarded
- Interest in making a difference in the community and working within family violence or family services
- Ability to implement trauma informed approaches to practice
- An understanding of tax and superannuation, budgets, loans and credit options or investments will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, including an ability to quickly build rapport
- Ability to work well during a period of program and team establishment • Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team and maintain networks of partners and contracted service providers
- A satisfactory Police Check • A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.