- Strengthen financial capacity in your community
- Towong Shire Region (VIC)
- Full time fixed term contract until Nov 2022
- $84,849 + super & salary packaging benefits
The Community Development Worker will work with local services through a community-based approach to strengthen financial resilience and build capacity to make good financial decisions.
You will also:
• Create amazing partnerships – establish and maintain a high-performing network of referring partners, service-provider partners, mentor partners, industry and government partners.
• Partner with existing local community service providers to identify opportunities for development of Good Shepherd service offerings (No Interest Loans, Referrals, Financial Capability Workshops)
• Where required undertake referrals to internal or external services. Internally the person may be directed to a No Interest Loans adviser to assist with the application of a loan
• Be able to lead a conversation through a trauma informed lens; have empathy for the challenges faced by people with varied lived experience; and take a situational approach when supporting each person.
• Provide financial literacy education, one-on-one budgeting support to individuals, and/or non-accredited financial literacy community education workshops to eligible people.
• Record and maintain detailed and accurate records and data to support monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
• Consult, refer and collaborate with other team members, including No Interest Loan (NILs) advisers, financial capability peers, other GSANZ services and the broader service sector to support client goals
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications e.g. community development, social work, psychology or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with demonstrated experience working effectively with community groups
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing low-income Australians and commitment to promoting financial inclusion
- High quality group facilitation, training and presentation skills (desired)
- Ability to travel across the region
- A satisfactory National Police Check (and International Police Check if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) or state equivalent
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.