- Empower women, children & families
- Join a supportive & values driven team
- Part time (0.8 EFT), 12 month contract
- Bayside Peninsula Area (Hastings or Mornington)
- $84,849 pro rata + super & generous salary packaging benefits
The Family Violence Case Manager is an integral member of the Family Violence Team and delivers high quality short response as well as longer term intensive case management services to women and children who have experienced, or are currently experiencing, family violence, including women who choose to remain in the relationship.
This role involves participating in a duty work roster for clients waiting for allocation to case management and also in our family violence prison program.
In your email application please state which position type you are applying for.
• Deliver service aligned with team operational plan and Good Shepherd’s strategic plan
• Contribute to development of team plan
• Demonstrate understanding of social justice and community capability building concepts
• Demonstrate commitment to own learning and development
• Contribute to development of a high-performance team through demonstration of capabilities outlined in Good Shepherd’s leadership capability framework
• Participate actively in regular formal supervision
• Share knowledge and practice insights with colleagues
• Take responsibility for own wellbeing
• Deliver best practice service to clients in line with agreed goals/contribution
• Seek feedback from client/stakeholders/peers in order to reflect and improve on service support for own practice
•Maintain a client-centred approach to service delivery at all times
Service Delivery and Operations
• Deliver all services in line with service standards and program procedures
• Maintain accurate data, information and reporting at all times
• Maintain agreed service level agreements
• Provide timely reporting in line with department requirements
• Other duties as reasonably required
• Liaise effectively with referral network
• Work collaboratively with other service providers to deliver valued outcomes for clients
• Develop constructive, collaborative relationships with other Good Shepherd team members and departments
• Demonstrate behaviour consistent with Good Shepherd mission, values, behaviours and policies at all times
• Maintain agreed quality standards
• Maintain OH&S standards at all times
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field (*or ability to meet Family Violence Minimum Mandatory Qualifications)
- Experience working in the family violence sector
- Demonstrated capacity to provide outreach case management including the ability to carry out comprehensive risk and needs assessments and respond appropriately
- Demonstrated experience working with women and children presenting with complex needs and behaviours (e.g. trauma, substance abuse, mental health, parenting issues, disability) and/or from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) or indigenous backgrounds
- A current Full Australian Driver’s License
- Experience working with in a high security refuge environment is desirable
*Family Violence Minimum Mandatory Qualifications under Recommendation 209
As per the minimum mandatory qualifications requirements via https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners :
All candidates wishing to apply for this role must be able to demonstrate that they:
1. are considered EXEMPT under the policy
3. hold a Bachelor of Social Work or other equivalent qualification
5. have minimum 5 years relevant professional experience, OR a related qualification as per the mandatory minimum qualification requirements.
7. hold significant cultural knowledge and experience or lived experience, and have faced barriers to educational pathways
Please note that candidates wishing to enter the specialist family violence workforce via a related qualification or 5 years related professional experience pathway, OR the significant cultural knowledge and experience or lived experience pathways will be required to work towards an equivalent qualification within specified timeframes (as per the mandatory minimum qualifications policy).
If you believe these pathways may apply to you and would like more information, please contact email@example.com to discuss this further.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.