The Family Violence After Hour Crisis Response Worker supports the Family Violence Program by delivering material aid support to women and children who are experiencing family violence across the Bayside Peninsula Region. The responses will be to locations within the region and may include motels, police stations, hospitals or other locations.
The role contributes to providing a crisis response that delivers valued services during evenings, weekends and public holidays on an individually negotiated basis and in response to service needs. This role involves shifts between 5.00pm – 9.00am on business days and 24/7 during the weekend and on public holidays. This role might also involve an option for additional shifts during day time in business hours to support the family violence program.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received.
Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have a Diploma of Community Services or related qualification and/or equivalent experience and knowledge of/training in the MARAM (Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework). You will also have:
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi task whilst considering prioritisation of urgent tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate respectfully to all staff and clients
- Ability to take direction and apply sound judgment
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of an effective and productive team in an environment of reform
- Adherence to the Privacy Act and related legislation in regard to sensitive client information
- Commitment to the Child Safe Standards
- Current driver’s licence
- Availability to meet the day, evening and sleepover roster requirements
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.