- Empower women, children & families
- Join a supportive & values driven team
- Part time (0.8 EFT), fixed term (until May 2022) position
- Based in the vibrant Sunshine community hub precinct
- $84,849 pro rata + super & generous salary packaging benefits
The Family Services Case Manager will work within the Brimbank Melton based Integrated Family Services (IFS) team. The IFS team promotes the healthy functioning of children, young people and families through a range of educational, developmental, social and support services. The team assists and supports parents to develop, maintain and strengthen the safety, stability, development and wellbeing of their children and family.
The Family Services team is part of the Brimbank Melton Area Child FIRST Alliance, and this position will be based at the Good Shepherd offices at Sunshine and will be required to work from other site’s in the Brimbank Melton region.
In your email application please state which position type you are applying for.
As a Family Services Case Manger with Good Shepherd, you will contribute to:
- Strengthening parenting competencies and confidence
- Enhancing the wellbeing of children, young people and their families
- Preventing child abuse and neglect
- Supporting children, young people & their families through major life transition times and crises
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field
- Demonstrated skills in casework with families who may have complex needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant DHHS policy and practice frameworks and legislation
- Effective interpersonal, time management, communication and negotiation skills, including liaising with other key people known to the family (such as school professionals, child care, also family friends)
- Demonstrated experience in preparing written reports, maintaining records, including case notes and IRIS data base reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally sensitive way with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities and Aboriginal families
- Demonstrated understanding of social justice principles and community capacity building, and an ability to contribute to the mission and spirit Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory reference checks, a current Employment Working with Children Check, National Police Check (International Police Check if resided overseas in the last 10 years) and proof of the right to work in Australia.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.