- Immediate start – apply now
- $45.83 and up to $91.66 per hour for weekend work
- 2-4 days per week (including weekends) to end of June 2023
- Positions available at Berri, Mannum and Murray Bridge. Need to travel or temporarily relocate for your work days? Talk to us about what expense reimbursement may be available.
Good Shepherd has partnered with the South Australian Government and NAB to provide safe and responsible No Interest Loans and financial hardship services to eligible community members impacted by the recent floods.
Using your customer service skills, you will assess client needs, eligibility for our services, assist with loan applications and make appropriate referrals to internal or external supports. The role will be based in a community emergency response centre in either Berri, Mannum or Murray Bridge.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV via Seek here(Berri), here (Mannum) or here (Murray Bridge).
- Provide community finance products and services, including No Interest Loans, directly to customers/people from diverse backgrounds with complex needs, including those recently impacted by the floods.
- Be the initial point of contact for customers, assesses their needs and refers them appropriately, and delivers direct services (community finance products). This direct service delivery includes achieving targets, maintaining quality of products and customer service, completing budgets and loan applications with customers.
- Utilise local networks to provide information and make referrals to other support services, as required.
- Contribute to the Emergency Relief efforts by being the local representative for Good Shepherd and Good Money in the Emergency Relief Centres.
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for someone who is flexible and able to work between 2-4 days per week, including weekends. As we are responding to the sudden and emerging needs of the communities impacted by floods, we think demand will fluctuate and expect the role to be needed 4 days a week initially and potentially drop to 2 days per week. The role includes weekend work which attracts penalties and loading. We are happy to explore your availability and how it could suit this role at an individual level.
- Experience working with clients/community members is essential. Qualifications in community services or experience in supporting budgets/loan applications are a bonus but not essential. Most importantly we’re looking for a customer focused person and a team player.
- If you are friendly and flexible in responding to the changing demand of the communities we support, we’d love to hear from you.
- Please note there will be a two week training period in Salisbury, South Australia upon commencement. Travel, accommodation and away from home expenses will be covered by us.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.