- Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm
- $79,128 per annum (+ super). Plus salary packaging and great perks
- Southport Good Money. Some travel to partner organisations required from time-to-time
The Community Financial Inclusion Officer works directly with our clients to guide them through the various services offered by Good Money, including No Interest Loans applications and budgets. These services aim to improve the wellbeing and social Inclusion of people who are disadvantaged and on low incomes. Our clients are at the centre of everything we do.
Using your community services skills, you will assess client needs, eligibility for our services, assist with loan applications, maintain excellent customer records, make appropriate referrals to internal or external supports and assist with day-to-day operations of the Good Money site.
The role will see you working in a small, close-knit team where warmth, professionalism and diligence are shared values.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal.
- Greet clients and guide them through the Good Money finance options.
- Respond to enquiries (phone, face-to-face and online), assess eligibility, determine customer needs and respond appropriately (this may be through providing direct services, information provision, or referrals to internal and external supports). Assist people from diverse backgrounds with complex needs in a way that is respectful, appropriate and professional.
- Utilise local networks to provide information and make referrals to other support services, as required.
- Assist clients with all aspects of loan applications, including conducting one-on-one interviews with clients, preparing a budget with them, and checking supporting documentation.
- Respond to enquiries regarding existing loans and ongoing loans management (this may include following up with customers who have missed repayments).
Qualifications and Experience
- We’re looking for someone with experience working with disadvantaged/vulnerable clients. Studies in community development or financial counselling are a bonus but not essential. Most importantly we’re looking for a customer focused person and a team player.
- If you are warm, professional, committed and reliable and find it easy to learn new systems and processes, we’d love to hear from you.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.