- Level 3.1
- Part Time, 16 hours over 3 days, negotiable, ongoing
- Chapel of the Good Shepherd
- The Good Shepherd Chapel and History Centre is situated in the grounds of the Abbotsford Convent complex.
- The History Centre provides visitors with an insight into the life of Sisters and residents during the time of residential care in Victoria.
- The Gallery/Studio in the crypt below the Chapel is used for exhibitions and other cultural activities.
- The Chapel, itself, is the space for life ceremonies such as weddings, funerals, baptisms and daily Mass. Music events and sensitive cultural events are also held in the Chapel.
- Visitors to the Chapel are interested in history, spending time in a reflective space, holding a life ceremony or for quiet thinking time. Past residents will regularly visit the chapel with family members.
- The activities held in the Chapel are part business, part pastoral.
The Chapel Support Worker role is to:
- Welcome and engage visitors to the Chapel and Interpretive/Heritage Centre. In particular, engage with past residents and/or their families who visit the Chapel
- Assist with Sacristan duties
- Support the Manager with functions associated with “life ceremonies” and other events at the Chapel
- Support the Chapel Coordinator with general Chapel operations and maintenance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience dealing with people from a range of backgrounds.
- Experience or an understanding of Sacristan duties.
- Experience in holding events.
- Experience in Counselling, Social or Community Work, pastoral care or equivalent.
- Capacity to deal with sensitive situations.
- Some understanding of past Institutional Care within the Catholic/Religious context an advantage.
Desirable Skills and capabilities
- Experience in developing ne projects/community development.
- An eye for detail regarding site presentation
- An engaging and hospitable demeanour
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.