- Join a growing NFP organization empowering the lives of women, children & families
- Be part of a new national telephone & online program
- Full Time, Fixed Term contract Until 30th June 2023
- SCHCADS Level 5 $ 88,796.64 per annum plus super and salary packaging
- Work From Home, WA
The Case Coordinator is an integral member of the Corporate Referral and Niche program which delivers high-quality, short-term support and service navigation to clients experiencing complex support needs, including people experiencing family violence, risk of homelessness, mental ill health, and other vulnerabilities. While this program is not intended to replace existing crisis services, Case Coordinators will work with people who are in crisis, including those experiencing family violence and homelessness. The Case Coordinator will support clients to access the appropriate crisis services for their needs.
Clients are referred to this program by several corporate partners who have identified that their clients are experiencing financial hardship along with other support needs. The Case Coordinator’s role is to assist these clients to access supports that meet the full range of their needs including accessing financial hardship services when appropriate.
This position will complete initial needs and risk assessments with our clients, develop agreed care plans and provide short-term case coordination to support clients to engage with and navigate the support system. We use a client-cantered approach that is both trauma-informed and strengths-based, with a focus on promoting outcomes to improve client safety and wellbeing.
This Is a national service providing telephone and online support as part of GSANZ’s national Contact Centre services.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received. Submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the SEEK
- Respond to incoming calls from new clients and make outbound contact to connect with recently referred clients. This includes regular dedicated inbound phone shifts to respond to inbound calls.
- Complete initial assessments with clients over the phone using trauma informed approach that includes exploring their individual circumstances, ensuring that the scope of the service is explained, safety is assessed, and that privacy and consent is discussed.
- Support clients who may be distressed or in periods of crisis to access required supports.
- Develop support and referral plans using a strengths-based approach and provide support to clients over the phone to assist them with identifying and connecting with key support services.
- Undertake research for clients, locating appropriate referrals for a variety of support needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- A tertiary qualification (Degree) in Social Work, Psychology or a related tertiary discipline is essential
- Experience providing phone-based support including intake and assessment experience
- Experience in support coordination or service navigation, including the ability to carry out comprehensive risk and needs assessments and respond appropriately
- Understanding of a trauma-informed approach and ability to work with clients with multiple vulnerabilities and who are experiencing financial crisis, family violence, risk of homelessness, neglect, abuse, disability or mental ill health
- Understanding of financial hardship and ability to recognize financial risk factors
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A satisfactory International Police Check (if you have resided outside of Australia within the last 5 years)
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
We encourage all candidates to review the hyperlinked position description before submitting an application.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV through the Seek.com.au portal, the hyperlink is displayed for each individual role.
Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.