The After Hours Crisis Support Worker provides support in the Family Violence Afterhours Program of Good Shepherd Australia and New Zealand by delivering material aid support to women and children who are experiencing family violence across the Bayside Peninsula Region. The responses will be to locations within the region and may include motels, police stations, hospitals or other locations.
The After Hours Crisis Support Worker will focus on supporting the family violence practitioner and completing duties including providing material aid and other tasks as required. This role might also involve providing support to the overnight worker at our refuge in the Bayside Peninsula area in case of an emergency.
The role contributes to providing a crisis response that delivers valued services during evenings, weekends and public holidays on an individually negotiated basis and in response to service needs. The position will involve having or developing an understanding of family violence and how it impacts women and children.
This role involves shifts between 5.00pm – 9.00am on business days and 24/7 during the weekend and on public holidays. This role might also involve an option for additional shifts during daytime in business hours to support the family violence program.
- Deliver service aligned with team operational plan and Good Shepherd’s strategic plan
- Contribute to development of team plan
- Demonstrate understanding of social justice and community capability building concepts
- Demonstrate commitment to own learning and development
- Contribute to development of a high-performance team through demonstration of capabilities outlined in Good Shepherd’s leadership capability framework
- Participate actively in regular formal supervision
- Share knowledge and practice insights with colleagues
- Take responsibility for own wellbeing
- Deliver best practice service to clients in line with agreed goals/contribution
- Seek feedback from client/stakeholders/peers in order to reflect and improve on service support for own practice
- Maintain a client-centred approach to service delivery at all times
Service Delivery and Operations
- Deliver all services in line with service standards and program procedures
- Maintain accurate data, information and reporting at all times
- Maintain agreed service level agreements
- Provide timely reporting in line with department requirements
- Other duties as reasonably required
- Liaise effectively with referral network
- Work collaboratively with other service providers to deliver valued outcomes for clients
- Develop constructive, collaborative relationships with other Good Shepherd team members and departments
- Demonstrate behaviour consistent with Good Shepherd mission, values, behaviours and policies at all times
- Maintain agreed quality standards
- Maintain OH&S standards at all times
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma of Community Services or equivalent
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate respectfully to all staff and clients
- Ability to take direction and apply sound judgment
- Ability to easily build rapport and relationships
- Competent literacy and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi task whilst considering prioritisation of urgent tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to working as part of an effective and productive team in an environment of reform
- Adherence to the Privacy Act and related legislation in regard to sensitive client information
- A commitment to the Child Safe Standards
- A current Victorian driver’s licence
- Flexibility to undertake shifts out of business hours including weekend and public holidays as required
- Experience working in the family violence sector is desirable
- Knowledge of/training in the MARAM (Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management Framework) beneficial
- Current Victorian driver’s licence
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.