The role of Adolescent & Family/Sexual Assault counsellor, based in St Peters, Sydney, provides counselling for adolescents aged 12 to 18 years and their family members either individually or together. The program is funded by The Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) under Targeted Early Intervention (TEI). The counsellor is part of a team offering therapeutic services both internally to young people participating in other Good Shepherd services including RISE and The Waranara School and externally referred via schools, government and non-government agencies and parents. The role also involves co-facilitating groups with parents of adolescents and young people.
We operate from a client-centred, strengths-based, trauma-informed model with a focus on supporting families to remain connected, increase safety and developing strategies which promote resilience.
- Provide counselling to individual adolescents, parents/carers or families
- Co-facilitate therapeutic and psycho-educational groups for adolescents and parents
- Participate actively in regular formal supervision
- Demonstrate commitment to own learning and development
- Maintain client files, case notes and data in accordance with funding body and agency standards
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, counselling or related disciplines
- Minimum two years’ experience in the provision of face-to-face counselling
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating groups
- Knowledge of child protection issues and mandatory reporting requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Employee Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.