- Join a true values based organisation empowering the lives of women, children & families
- Unique leadership opportunity to join a growing National not for profit organisation on an exciting transformation journey
- Competitive remuneration package on offer, including generous salary packaging benefits (up to $18,000/year tax – free)
- Based in modern offices in LaTrobe St Melbourne opposite the beautiful Flagstaff Gardens/WFH
Due to growth, Good Shepherd is undertaking an organisation-wide Transformation Program and has identified key new positions to support the organisation on it’s journey.
The Head of Marketing, Communications & Media will be an integral member of the Senior Leadership team and lead a small and talented team of professionals.
You will lead and deliver a strategic and integrated approach to Marketing and Communication for the Good Shepherd brand and portfolio of programs to enable the achievement of Good Shepherd’s Strategic Plans and key priorities.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing strategic portfolio insights to support the Director of Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships and broader executive team, to deliver Good Shepherd’s strategic priorities
- Work with the Director of Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships to finalise and embed the brand narrative, CVP and EVP, as well as input into the strategic planning for new opportunities (tenders, grants, EFQ’s)
- Develop a strategic approach, including an annual plan and budget, to direct Good Shepherd’s Marketing, Media and Communications activity and ensure strong alignment across all channels with Good Shepherd’s brand and strategic priorities
- Build awareness and equity in the Good Shepherd brand and develop a methodology for tracking the health of the brand
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, including the Research and Advocacy team, develop and implement a process to capture data and insights that optimise Good Shepherd’s Marketing, Communications and Media
Qualifications and Experience
Your demonstrated vision and leadership in developing and executing strategy, building a brand and running effective campaigns will set you up for success in this role, as will your flexibility and adaptability to operate in a dynamic and complex environment.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Qualifications in communications, marketing, media, or a related field and/ or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in building brands including managing reputation through effective media relations and campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing targeted marketing campaigns across a broad range of platforms and channels
- Ability to monitor and assess marketing, communications and media strategy and activities success/failure against key strategic objectives
- High level strategic thinking and problem-solving with the ability to navigate complex issues and turn strategy into action
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performing teams
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check, (International Police Check if resided overseas for 12 months or longer in last 10 years) and obtain a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencing
- Evidence of Covid-19 vaccination, or medical exemption
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Other jobs at Good Shepherd
Why Good Shepherd?
Development & Learning Opportunities
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Study Leave
Long Service Leave
Flexible Working Arrangements
How to Apply
To apply please review the hyperlinked position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.