Family Solutions - Specialist Family Violence Practitioner
- Part time 4 days per week, ongoing
- Be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of women and children in their journey away from family violence
- Mornington Peninsula based – Mornington & Hastings
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. Wherever we are, we strive to team up with people who share our mission, vision and passion for social justice because the need is still great.
Our areas of expertise are, safety and resilience, educational pathways and financial security.
GSANZ is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to staff wellbeing. We provide ongoing professional development for staff, amongst other benefits. This role is classified at Level 6 SCHADS 2010 Award, salary packaging and flexible working conditions are available.
About the role:
The Specialist Family Violence Practitioner will work within the Mornington Peninsula based Integrated Family Services (IFS) team assuming responsibility for case work, group work, and secondary consultation for the Bayside Peninsula Child FIRST Family Solutions Alliance in relation to Police L17s.
The successful candidate will work with a team of case workers to ensure services are well coordinated and caseworkers have the skills needed for high quality support to families who experience, or have experienced family violence.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or a related discipline is essential
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the family violence sector and experience working with families presenting with complex needs and behaviour’s and/or from CALD or indigenous backgrounds is highly desirable
- Experience providing coaching and support to staff and assist in identifying training and practice development needs
- Be eligible for membership with relevant association such as AASW.
Demonstrated alignment to Good Shepherd’s mission and values are a must.
Queries about this position should be directed to Colin Valentine, Manager Family Services on 0407 907 632.
To apply please review the attached position description and send a brief letter outlining your relevant experience and skills along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Tuesday 11 April 2017.
Good Shepherd is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment Working with Children Check, Police Record Check and proof of the right to work in Australia.