Volunteer with us, use your skills and expertise in a rewarding way, and make a difference in your community.
By becoming a volunteer you can:
- Develop new skills
- Experience new opportunities
- Discover employment pathways
- Develop connections and friendships
- Make a positive difference to your health and wellbeing
- Bring out your best!
You can support us by:
- Working with refugees and others from culturally diverse backgrounds at our community centres
- Assisting those looking for employment
- Working in the area of organisational improvement
- Engaging in research, policy and advocacy
- Corporate volunteering
- Undertaking work placements
"I was keen to become involved in my new community and came across the Yarra Community Friends program on the internet. I emailed an expression of interest and was contacted by Mona, the Project Manager. This conversation kick-started a very professional and orderly process that resulted in my happy participation in the program. I was interviewed, trained and assigned a mentee over a period of two months. I feel valued and supported which, I believe, is the key to the success of the program."Judy, Yarra Community Friends volunteer mentor